• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Me BLUTO and my wife built our new house.

syndy

Occupation
Retired
Last year we spent 3 months in NC putting in our foundation. This year we went up from FL in April and finished the house in the end of Oct. We did it as owner/builder and it is my 3rd house to design and build. Because I'm old my wife would not let me on the roof so we hired a crew to hang the trusses and also to do the insulation and sheetrock, we did the rest. My Case 580SE was my most important tool, without it the house could not have been built by us. We are back in FL selling our house here and BLUTO (Case) is back in the barn. I encountered one small problem with the backhoe in that the idle became very rough between 1200-1500rpm but kept on going to finish the job. When we get back there I have tons and tons of rock and dirt to move and I will spend some time going over the hoe. Any ideas on the idle speed??? Here is a link to my dropbox with many many photos of the build. https://www.dropbox.com/sc/oii72vzc972164a/AAAHHpCuaKMq-S9z084HqJGna

sheepfoot

syndy, Very nice looking house, You idle should be around 850-900 rpms. I would change out the fuel filters and check the linkage to the pump. You may also have a tach issue or gauge is off, You may need to check your idle screw and adjust it up a little. You may find someone with a strobe tach that could give you a true rpm reading off the crank so you know before you start adjusting.

Delmer

I thought he meant that the engine ran rough between 1200 and 1500 rpm, but smooth at other speeds and under load?

No idea here, but I'd check the injectors by loosening the lines for a start.