• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

MDI YUTANI Hoe

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
That a grey market kobelco around 6-7ton probably early to mid ninetys...

drag1line

LE is an SK 903 from late 80's and early 90's. Kobelco bought a company called Yutani in the Early 80's and used the name Kobelco Yutani for years...sound strange...Every hear of Komatsu/Bucyrus?
Kobelco dealer should be able to help.
There are legal concerns about dealing with a Gray Market Machine from the manufacturer's and dealer view point, by all manufacture's, as they do not have North American safety equipment or decals.
Good Luck

MR. KOBELCO

Resigned
Occupation
PARTS & SERVICE MGR. AMOUNG OTHER HATS @ KOBELCO D
your machine has counterweight lights. MDI/Yutani did not.
therefore, it is a kobelco.
your on-line parts catalog should be looked up under
K903 MARK II EXCAVATOR ASN LE7872
you maybe able to purchase a parts catalog thru a kobelco dealer or if you are given a hard time call kobelco customer service have them run the serial number to see if your machine is supported in north america. kobelco can inform you 100% if it is truly a grey market unit. dealers should not assume.
if not AN AVENUE AS WHICH ONE CAN PURCHASE O.E.M. GREY MARKET KOBELCO PARTS IS THRU
if you purchase a parts catalog thru farmers equipment then in most cases the part numbers are the same used in the north america unit.
its not easy with grey market units, but sometimes you can get lucky.
FARMERS EQUIPMENT COMPANY
LYNDEN, WASHINGTON
BURLINGTON, WASHINGTON
USA
PH: 360-354-4451
FX: 360-354-6910
CONTACT LEONARD
IN LEONARDS EXPERIENCE,
PARTS CATALOGS ARE ENGLISH/JAPANESE
REPAIR MANUALS ARE ALL IN JAPANESE,
BUT WILL NOT SELL ANYWAY TO A NON-AUTHORIZED REPAIR SHOP.

excavator

If it's grey market, (Japanese writing) wouldn't it be an SK03? As far as I know they are the same basic machine. I have a customer with one, and I've never had a issue with getting parts. If I remember right the undercarriage is an odd pitch making it quite spendy.

davisgravel

This is a very interesting forum. I have a MDI Yutani MD120LC, i'm looking for a used exhaust manifold, can't pay what they want for a new one. Anyone know where i might find a used one? Also, does this kobelco 905 have the same engine as my yutani? Ive also heard maybe the old CAT E110 has this engine, anyone know for sure? Thanks in advance for any help.