• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

MATERIAL STICKING IN TRUCK BODY

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
How smooth is the floor if the floor is all dented between cross members about the only thing you can do is dig it out with a machine or put a new floor in it:mad:

ETMF 58 White

I wouldn’t want a dump truck on a dirt job without a liner, preferably 1/2 inch. Money well spent. On the artic truck, just scrape it out every three loads if you have to.

ippielb

I’ve had mine for 5 years now, love it, never have to raise all the way, great for spreading also View attachment 231248 View attachment 231249

that’s a sharp looking box. I bet hauling snow you just have to open the tailgate and hit the brakes in reverse and it would fly out lol.

The amount of time you would save per load would pay for itself in no time only putting it up half way.

Philip S King

Occupation
GC, BC, Mechanical , Electrical, Utilities
Greatly appreciate all input. Any opinions on the big chain idea?
The "big chain" is interesting. I think the chain will cause more sticking. I do not believe the dump truck will raise and shake enough.

Last edited:

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Trailers of the company I am with are lined, trucks not so much so where require being washed out usually daily. On severe cohesive/adhesive fill there is not much beyond a liner that does any good.