• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Master Link/Pin assembly on ITR track chains

soapstoneguy

Hey everyone,
Got some new rails on my excavator. I installed the masterlink and it is a snug fit. The masterlink that ITR makes has a little 'L' shaped pin that goes through the other end of the masterlink to hold it in place I guess..Haven't seen one of these before. Anyone know how to keep the 'L' shaped pin from coming out?
I'll try to get a picture of it tomorrow.
Thanks everyone.

QuickTrax

We heat ours and bend them to where they wont come out. Some people choose to use cotter pins instead of the provided pin.

soapstoneguy

That is what I was thinking. Thanks for the info. I kept looking at it and thinking 'I bet a cotter pin would work and be easier to take out and replace if I needed to break the track apart'. Thanks again! :)