• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Marshall Tree Saw ... does anyone use one here ?

rockman

Just came across the Marshall Tree Saw while looking at some tree mulchers .
Does anyone here have one that they use regularly ?.
Looking for some opinions / advice on them ?.
We don't have anything like this in Australia at all .

Cheers Jim

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Do you have a photo or a link to one? I've heard of them and think I've seen one but it didn't have any ID on it.

RTSmith

Occupation
Amateur demolition & dirt pusher
I've just spent the past 30 minutes on the website. Looks neat, handy, and durable. Wonder what one runs? I'm thinking it may be faster than the tree shears I've been looking at.

rigandig

Rockman,
I have one. It is the larger model, 16" capacity. I bought it about 2 or so months ago. It works well for what it is intended to do. My reason for buying it was the fact that the saw teeth at the back along the moldboard hold you to the tree when you are cutting. If memory serves, I paid just under 14K for it, freight included. Downside is it weighs 2200 lbs. and makes the machine a bit tipsy if you are headed down hill. I have it hooked to a Cat 289C. I have not used it as much as intended yet as about the time I got it I had another project come up that has been all consuming with my time. I spent 2 days working it pretty steady , so that is as much time as I have on it so far. I cut quite a few small trees, in the 12" and down dia size, and maybe a dozen or so that were 24" and bigger. The largest was a Hickory in the 30" range. Let me know if you have other questions. I'll try to answer them as best i can.

Mylucky24

Occupation
Excavation
The guy I work for has a Marshall saw. He does a lot of fence row cleaning for farmers around here. Tops the tree, cuts it flush with the ground, then lays the log out to be picked up... He's also a dealer for them, PM if your interested and I could give you his number.