• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Market for finish 3D grading?

samson09

Hello-I currently own a small size excavating/site development company and am considering downsizing with the idea of possibly going back to an owner/operator set up specializing in 3D finish grading with a motor grader, (or perhaps even a finish dozer but I think a grader would offer more flexible service?). We currently own a Trimble SCS900 Base/Rover/Data Collector and would upfit a motor grader with the corresponding Trimble GSC900 3D grade control system.
Does anyone have experience with this or ideas as to a viable market for this type of service? I would assume this type of set up would be a sub to a sub (2nd tier sub), perhaps to larger overlot grading outfits that may benefit from subbing out their finishing?
Any ideas, experience, input would be much appreciated. Thank you