1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Manure value

Discussion in 'Agricultural Operations' started by Shimmy1, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Mother Deuce

Mother Deuce Senior Member

Like rondig we added it to topsoil to produce a better product. We would mix it with a 980 in some alchemy invented by our boss. We had lots of sand, native topsoil, subsoil and what manure we could score. Blend vigorously on a blending deck and toss it in a McCloskey 621. Sometimes we couldn't make it fast enough. However there are probably 5 million people people within an hours drive of where the pit and plant were. About 3 million of them were rabid gardeners or landscaping companies doing developments :) Even at that though we didn't purchase much. It was usually a farmer looking for a close dump. It was very popular and our landscaping guy's were long term customers. We would have been purchasing it for blend had the situation been different.

2. RZucker

RZucker Senior Member

Mechanic/welder
    I used to work on one of those "Scarab" mixers for a local compost outfit. they used mostly Mint waste and piled manure and wood waste onto the windrows with loaders then mixed it with the scarab. It came out nice and black, with a good smell, not minty at all.

Mother Deuce likes this.
  3. Tenwheeler

Tenwheeler Senior Member

Manure is sometimes hard to give away. A bad day is when your tank is sucked flat. Thankfully many people let you know you are number one every day.

Mother Deuce likes this.
  4. Tenwheeler

Tenwheeler Senior Member

KIMG0797.jpeg

td25c likes this.
  5. RZucker

RZucker Senior Member

Mechanic/welder
    I think that tank has seen a little too much Vacuum :eek:. Is that a shank trailer behind it? A guy up here has a 4 wheel machine with shanks to inject liquid for a couple of dairies.

td25c likes this.
  6. Tenwheeler

Tenwheeler Senior Member

Yes but we call them a plow. It had a vacuum relief on it. Sometimes they stick. These tanks also get weak on the top. This one may have had a baffle broken in it. They are also supports. Being a 2505 with a Cat it is probably around 18 years old.

7. RZucker

RZucker Senior Member

Mechanic/welder
    Got one of the local spreader trucks in the shop for a rebuild on the bed, new shaft and sprockets for the drag chains, new front idlers, and new drag chains. 20190208_134652.jpg

Wytruckwrench, td25c and Mother Deuce like this.
  8. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

Manure value? That depends on how big of a piece of sh!t it is.---That floor is too nice RZ, you need some cracks in it so your creeper gets stuck.

9. RZucker

RZucker Senior Member

Mechanic/welder
    It does have some creeper trap joints, You make darn sure how you park a transmission jack project.

10. RZucker

RZucker Senior Member

Mechanic/welder
    Now this is a spreader. Had it in last year with a broken bracket on the suspension cross shaft. 45,000 lb capacity I think. 20180305_150529.jpg 20180305_150514.jpg

Mother Deuce likes this.
  11. Mother Deuce

Mother Deuce Senior Member

Are those bail strings?? Those eastside cows must have a serious constitution!

12. RZucker

RZucker Senior Member

Mechanic/welder
    Yep baling twine, I don't think it's in the feed but it seems to be everywhere around these dairies. Really does a number on shaft seals.

cubanator likes this.
  13. petepilot

petepilot Senior Member

they play hell with a zero turn mower too

RZucker likes this.
  14. RZucker

RZucker Senior Member

Mechanic/welder
    I had a Bush Hog mower come in about two years back with a bad main gearbox. It was one of the big fold up jobbies, Dropped the pan that holds the blades and found about 200 lbs of baling twine up inside there. Nice mess, of course it got the seal and lost all the oil in the box.