• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Manitowoc 4600 at night

poclainshovel

Banned
geeze, poclain, 11 posts and you are allready busting chops. great people skills, buddy. lets see your videos.
we will wait patiently.:)

My videos are not good enough for youtube !! My camera is only 10 megapixels !! But atleast I do not waste peoples time and put it on anyways !!

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
My videos are not good enough for youtube !! My camera is only 10 megapixels !! But atleast I do not waste peoples time and put it on anyways !!

well, i take all mine with an iphone, and i am the next speilberg.
lets see yours. please!

poclainshovel

Banned
well, i take all mine with an iphone, and i am the next speilberg.
lets see yours. please!

I am better then to film with an iphone ! I will NEVER show my work on youtube !! There are hackers !! Identity theifs !! This world is a crazy place and I will never expose my self to it !! NEVER !!

EGS

Occupation
Local 139 operator
I am better then to film with an iphone ! I will NEVER show my work on youtube !! There are hackers !! Identity theifs !! This world is a crazy place and I will never expose my self to it !! NEVER !!

Kind of sounds to me like this guy can't back up his statements. Put your money where your mouth is.

P.S. You will never be as good as Qball.

poclainshovel

Banned
Kind of sounds to me like this guy can't back up his statements. Put your money where your mouth is.

P.S. You will never be as good as Qball.

I can not back up that my videos are no good !! qball is a legend, a god, he will be president !! All hail the great Q !! :usa

2stagefanWI

If your only here to ridicule and complain about other people's work, thats a terrible reason to be on the site. I'm sure you would do everyone a favor by acting more respectful and mature twoards others on the site or leaving.

bigblueox

Here's one of our Manitowoc 4600 draglines working at night. These are the most popular draglines to work in anthracite mining in Pennsylvania. Standard bucket capacity on a 4600 is 7 yds.

really only 7 yards?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lexy

Occupation
Freelance Photographer (For Hire!)

If you proclaim to all of us that yours are "not good enough", then the logical thing to do is stop insulting others and their work. This is very immature of you to be saying the things you are and "acting" the way you're acting.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
A formal Warning

When you guys have finished....

This thread can get back on track or it can get closed.

I would also warn all present that trolling on this forum will get you an extended if not permanent holiday from HEF. Anybody found to have multiple logins or "alter ego" membership will be considered a deliberate attempt to mislead the membership and this will earn you an immediate and permanent suspension.

That's a first and final warning on the matter

JDOFMEMI

Ahh, the benefits of a well moderated forum. Thank you Squizzy.

The juvenile delinquents can go run amok somewhere else.

Back on track, the 4600 looks good all lit up at night.

Keep them coming.

Lexy

Occupation
Ahh, the benefits of a well moderated forum. Thank you Squizzy.

The juvenile delinquents can go run amok somewhere else.

Back on track, the 4600 looks good all lit up at night.

Keep them coming.

I'm certainly not a "juvenile delinquent" by any stretch of the imagination. So please don't resort to calling me, who just joined and honestly wants to continue to contribute on here, to name calling. Especially because I may be new or don't have a high post count.

I have said it before and I will again that the video is great! I have always been fascinated by the Anthracite "style" of mining!

JDOFMEMI

Lexy

I do not see how you would think that my comment was directed at you. You contributed facts and pictures to a reasonable discussion, and I am sure I speak for many who welcome that kind of contribution.

The bashing and name calling from some other posters is what I was talking about.

I welcome new members and new viewpionts to share. Please continue

Lexy

Occupation
Lexy

I do not see how you would think that my comment was directed at you. You contributed facts and pictures to a reasonable discussion, and I am sure I speak for many who welcome that kind of contribution.

The bashing and name calling from some other posters is what I was talking about.

I welcome new members and new viewpionts to share. Please continue

My apologies then and I appreciate your response.

On the topic, I would love to see the larger equipment at night digging on video!!

Miningpower

Occupation
Equipment operator
If you guys haven't noticed yet, poclain joined a few days after I did in January. He's some guy who I blocked on youtube (and I think everyone can see why). ALL his negative replies are on my topics, so it's quite obvious he joined just to harass me. Ignore it.

Now back to the topic.

really only 7 yards?
Yeah that was the largest bucket available for a 4600. Dragline boom (standard) is 140ft.

What's real nice about these draglines is that their very versatile machines for working in anthracite mining. They're fast and productive. These draglines can out dig and outperform a Lima 2400 any day, and that's also why their so popular over here.

Last edited:

Lexy

Occupation
If you guys haven't noticed yet, poclain joined a few days after I did in January. He's some guy who I blocked on youtube (and I think everyone can see why). ALL his negative replies are on my topics, so it's quite obvious he joined just to harass me. Ignore it.

Now back to the topic.

Yeah that was the largest bucket available for a 4600. Dragline boom (standard) is 140ft.

What's real nice about these draglines is that their very versatile machines for working in anthracite mining. They're fast and productive. These draglines can out dig and outperform a Lima 2400 any day, and that's also why their so popular over here.

This is what's most interesting about the Anthracite Mines. These draglines have a real fascinating place in them! I completely respect that!!! I also find it really fascinating how they are utilized to uncover the seam and recover it from the pit.

DoosanFan

Occupation
Forester
Wow, those draglines are really massive. I must be honest and say that I have never really seen one in real life, only ever on the Discovery channel, and that machine is just AWESOME!! And i dig the whole 'working at night' thing. All you have are the lights on the boom, sorta makes the whole thing feel surreal.

Miningpower

Occupation
Equipment operator
Wow, those draglines are really massive. I must be honest and say that I have never really seen one in real life, only ever on the Discovery channel, and that machine is just AWESOME!! And i dig the whole 'working at night' thing. All you have are the lights on the boom, sorta makes the whole thing feel surreal.

Thanks! I figured the night scene would be a little different as a lot of people don't have the chance to see those draglines working at night. I have some other 4600 videos on my channel. Their amazing machines!

Lexy

Occupation
Thanks! I figured the night scene would be a little different as a lot of people don't have the chance to see those draglines working at night. I have some other 4600 videos on my channel. Their amazing machines!

Yeah, it is really different seeing them working at night!

gostr8r

Occupation
Full time crane operator for Crane Rental Corp sin
I ran several 4600's in dragline during the early and mid 70's and loved 'em. Since then I ran another 4600 Series 5 in lift and when I worked in the US Virgin Islands, it was sweet too. It even had a hyd' elevating cab that would go up and down as well as in and out.