• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

MANITOU R522-4TC Reach Chief Series B

indyandy

Searched the forum and posts are at least 5yrs old
Looking for a service and operators manual for Manual for a Maitiou R522-4TC. Need to change out hyd hoses in boom and cylinder repack if needed. Any pointers to do this? All comments appreciated. Will be used on small farm with a small bale grappleator and to repair 3 tornado damaged pole barns with 16' eaves. Fairly low hours with 3850 on a working clock. Thanks in advance Andy.

Txhayseed

Boom hoses are not overly complicated on those particular machines. I however suggest that you buy the hose kit if you can verses pulling them and then getting hoses made. But if you do need to have them made at your local hydraulic shop make sure you get a hose like gates synflex or brand equivalent. Stay away from container hose for inside the boom or your going to be doing the job again sooner than you want.

indyandy

Boom hoses are not overly complicated on those particular machines. I however suggest that you buy the hose kit if you can verses pulling them and then getting hoses made. But if you do need to have them made at your local hydraulic shop make sure you get a hose like gates synflex or brand equivalent. Stay away from container hose for inside the boom or your going to be doing the job again sooner than you want.

indyandy

OK. thanks good info! I realise this is a older machine, but virtually nothing to be had on the net. Went to local Gehl dealer today to see about manuals, but need a serial #. No serial plates that I can find. Is it stamped on the machine somewhere?

Txhayseed

I don't know if its stamped or not on that particular machine. I think from memory the last one i see like that was like an 86 year model and the data tag was riveted to the left rear frame directly under the air cleaner assy. You might call manitou in waco tx and see if they can offer you any support on legacy machines. Might get lucky.

indyandy

I don't know if its stamped or not on that particular machine. I think from memory the last one i see like that was like an 86 year model and the data tag was riveted to the left rear frame directly under the air cleaner assy. You might call manitou in waco tx and see if they can offer you any support on legacy machines. Might get lucky.
Found the serial # stamped on the right top frame rail. Right on top of the lift point. Maybe this will help some one else. Thanks for the replies.