• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Making it so the water can run

Shimmy1

Why aren't you using the Stieger & front blade?
Ed
Because the Quad belongs to the guy I work with, not me, and most of the work I've been doing involves pushing uphill. The quad doesn't push uphill, lol. He also isn't as interested in his tractor getting hours, since ultimately it's a farm tractor. Also fine with me since I'd have to pay him about half the rate in rent. Back in 2017, this was a joint venture. In 2019, I assumed sole responsibility for the construction operation. He still owns the 210 and the RGN, everything else I've purchased. I now own 3 Challengers and Deere pans, so I won't be needing his Ashland any more either.

Welder Dave

Partnership went bad or just went in different directions? Sounds like you're still on good terms though.

Shimmy1

Partnership went bad or just went in different directions? Sounds like you're still on good terms though.
Not at all, everything is good. Construction was never in his long-term plan, he just helped me get reestablished after I left the family operation. I still help him for a couple months in the spring. It's the least I can do, since no amount of money would ever be sufficient to return the favor.

skyking1

I remember using the earliest of the 1150's and that hi-lo for turning was indeed a PITA compared to the 6.
In heavy material you just tilted it to steer in the push slot. That would not work with snow.

Shimmy1

These aren't the best pictures, but this was today. My dad, my 13 year old son, and me. The guy taking the pics was in the 4th dozer. Winter is not giving up around here.5110.jpeg5116.jpeg

skyking1

I like hopping the laser down the grade like that when possible. I am doing some deep pipe Monday and after I get the first box set I will lower the laser down there so the ground guy can see and hear it, rather than when it is poked up there above the box in the wind and road noise and whatever. We don't have a working line laser to use or I would show them how that works.