1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Main Hydraulic pump leak

Discussion in 'Excavators' started by ashfaq, Jul 4, 2022.

1. ashfaq

ashfaq Well-Known Member

Hydraulic leak please advise Thank you
    Hi
    Can anybody please advise the issue.
    I have a samsung excavator. I got the main hydraulic pump leack from the neck of the T joint . The new plate is not available in my area so i got it welded multiple times but as soon as i start the machine it starts leaking again . Any advise please. Please view the pictures attached.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
  2. Coaldust

Coaldust Senior Member

Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
    Hmmm. Wow. There is a lot going on in that picture. Since the brazing was completed with the plate bolted to the pump, the high heat probably destroyed whatever elastomer or gasket that was used to seal it. This can’t be real. Tell me you are joking with us. Please.

Tones, funwithfuel and BigWrench55 like this.
  3. ashfaq

ashfaq Well-Known Member

Ya the welder said its not going to destroy anything . He dint want to open the plate from the pump . After welding mechanic re installed but with minutes it started leaking from the same place. He re welded but again the same . The original T was screwed into the plate but the plate is not available so he welded it which didn't work . Either of back pressure or what i dont know.

4. machinerepairman303

machinerepairman303 Member

The damage is so bad that I recommend replacing it with a new one, if you can buy a second hand one to save a lot of money

5. ashfaq

ashfaq Well-Known Member

The problem is that pump doesn't have a data plate on it and its not available in local market . To import it every supplier needs a part number. I just know its a lyndi pump installed in a samsung wheel excavator.

6. 1466IH

1466IH Senior Member

TIG weld is your best bet but silver solder may work. That is too much pressure for a thin layer of brass

7. Coaldust

Coaldust Senior Member

Maybe it could be fixed, as is. Remove the plate and prep the pieces correctly. Pre-heat. Use flux and the correct torch tip and oxy/acet pressures. As it sits, it looks like a hot mess.

8. Coaldust

Coaldust Senior Member

Send it to Pakistani Truck. These fellas will fix it right up.

9. ashfaq

ashfaq Well-Known Member

This is the data plate but the numbers are not quite visible

Attached Files:

10. ashfaq

ashfaq Well-Known Member

Address, and contact number please

11. Vetech63

Vetech63 Senior Member

Brazing that will NEVER work.

mg2361, funwithfuel and Tinkerer like this.
  12. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

I enlarged the the photo of the weld for a better view of the workmanship of the brazing.
    Good grief ! It is beyond pathetic.
    Finding a replacement plate may be an impossible'
    If the model and serial number of your Samsung Excavator were posted someone may be able to get find a pump.
    Have you contacted any dealers about it?

13. ashfaq

ashfaq Well-Known Member

I will look for the plate, the machine has a bad leak now . It has a very slow crawling speed and had to pull it uphill by towing it with FJ 40 jeep . One more thing it swing towards the low side by itself without even touching the controls. Please advise.

Attached Files:

14. ashfaq

ashfaq Well-Known Member

will look for the plate, the machine has a bad leak now . It has a very slow crawling speed and had to pull it uphill by towing it with FJ 40 jeep . One more thing it swing towards the low side by itself without even touching the controls. Please advise.

15. Welder Dave

Welder Dave Senior Member

Big difference between brazing and welding especially when it comes to high pressure like hydraulics. Brazing can work on steel lines but needs to be built up 3 or 4 times as thick to handle the pressure. Also needs to have all the oil cooked out and be perfectly clean prior to brazing. Trying to braze right off the hyd. pump and not even taking the piece off probably made things 10 times worse. Might as well try and wrap it with duct tape. Would have about the same chance of success.
    Now that it has that gawd awful brass all over it, it is junk. No way to clean it up for a proper weld repair. Your so called welder made things worse for you that it probably requires a new part(s). An oxygen acetylene WELD, not braze, could do a very good job repairing a hyd. leak if done by someone with the required experience. Being the steel gets red hot and is a slower process it basically stress relives the weld. Tig, Mig and stick welding can all work for repairing hyd. lines and fittings but the right procedures have to be followed to the T. This includes pre weld prep and post weld prep including post heating to prevent cracking in the heat affected zone (stress relieving). Some larger and thicker parts can just be welded without a lot of fuss. They just need to be clean of any contaminates. Sorry but I don't think you'll be able to repair what you have.

BigWrench55 likes this.
  16. ashfaq

ashfaq Well-Known Member

Thank you for your reply. I hope i find a new plate now .

17. Welder Dave

Welder Dave Senior Member

Would have to see better pics. to see if it might be possible to make yor own new plate. Not sure what resources you have to work with.

18. gwhammy

gwhammy Senior Member

What welder Dave said. What is behind the plate? If it's just a flat plate or even indented on the back it wouldn't be hard to duplicate. A water jet could easily make it then cut or weld whatever it takes to hook up lines.

19. ashfaq

ashfaq Well-Known Member

20. ashfaq

ashfaq Well-Known Member

I have to look at the plate disassembled. I think it is not just a plate.