• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Maiden voyage today of the BIG/little combo

skyking1

I have a 20 ton tilt with air brakes for the dump truck, and a 16K tilt with electric brakes for the 1 ton. It's a drag (pun intended) to haul the 8800 pound 35G mini and tools on the 20 ton, when I need a little bedding. The trailer is ~5K heavier, longer, more expensive by far per mile, and has no fixed porch.
I set about to get my dump truck ready to haul the little trailer and got to use it today for the first time.
I had a local hitch shop weld on a Class V receiver for me.
PXL_20201030_151507219 (1).jpg

I traced out the blue wire and installed the old brake controller out of my 1 ton. The 1 ton got the new Prodigy 2.

It was just as nice as i imagined it would be. No waiting for air for the trailer. No air lines to hook up. Shorter. less overhang to sweep the lane next to you in a hard turn. Narrower at the back, good for the same reason. much lighter. Fixed deck for my tools.
PXL_20201209_222335435.jpg

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Nice! That setup is common in my area pulling mini's and CTL's.