• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mag Drill

Old Doug

They have big magnets on for cranes that use hyd to switch them on and off.

alaskaforby4

Occupation
Owner Operator
We picked up this cute little drill with the adjustable base and speed control, tried to cut more than she wanted and let the smoke out of drill on the first hole. It still worked fine but could tell it was going to be a little undersized for drilling 1” holes.E8E84BE8-7759-4A18-9FB0-083AEE2BE70A.jpeg
I then was scanning CL and found this 1975 beast of a drill! This thing is a monster, it has a two speed gear reduction plus the variable speed control. It will be nice for the bigger projects. I did have to order a cord for it to hook up and be controlled by the base, it has a trigger which I doubt many a man could hold onto that thing.6EB91636-73B2-427A-B900-88E6E5158A7B.jpeg

alaskaforby4

Occupation
Owner Operator
Both nice units!
That's why you use rotabroaches in the mag drills though, with coolant. The only drill bits I have over about 3/4" now are all taper shank for the radial drill press or the lathe tailstocks. YMMV
Yes, the annular cutters are amazing. Although my twistdrill sharpening has been getting better, its also nice to be able to get a few more lives out of it if they break.

Twister

Occupation
Field Mech.
I have the RB 32 rotobrute by Champion, I absolutely love that drill. Weighs in at about 28 pounds. It's not cheap.