1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Madill t2250 pilot pump

Discussion in 'Forestry Equipment' started by hellclimber745, Jul 31, 2020.

1. hellclimber745

hellclimber745 Member

Hey guys. I have a 2013 madill t2250c series 2 that broke a pilot pump shaft. We changed it out and started it and shaft broke again on the new one after about two minutes. Ordered another one plumbed gauges in had 150psi and the shaft broke on that one. Welded the shaft back on another one reinstalled put the gauge right off the pump and took the hood manifold out of the system and blew shaft again at 150 psi. Anyone have this issue or am I missing something? From everything I can see it’s a simple system.

2. Hallback

Hallback Senior Member

Contract logger and cutter
    Sounds like you have a blockage that is binding up the pump.

Mike L likes this.
  3. hellclimber745

hellclimber745 Member

That’s what we are thinking but why is it only showing 150 on the gauge when the shaft snaps and the gears pile up. That’s not a lot of pressure unless it’s happening so fast that the gauge can’t read it ?

4. hellclimber745

hellclimber745 Member

This is how it’s stuck

Attached Files:

72hayes likes this.
  5. Hallback

Hallback Senior Member

Contract logger and cutter
    I'm trying to remember the pilot pump system from my 2250C. Please send photos if you have them.
    You can text them to 360-590-2768 if you like.

6. Mike L

Mike L Senior Member

Self employed field mechanic