• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

MacMillan Bloedel Ltd. Red & White Iron, Past and Present....

HDX

Was moving this Grapple Yarder down to the Sarita Barge Ramp because it was being sent over to Sproat Lake Division to replace one of theirs that had expired. Picture was taken during the Weyco Reign because there is no decals on the H17 doorsIMG_0140.jpg

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
Was moving this Grapple Yarder down to the Sarita Barge Ramp because it was being sent over to Sproat Lake Division to replace one of theirs that had expired. Picture was taken during the Weyco Reign because there is no decals on the H17 doorsView attachment 187871
Thanks for posting

BTC

DiamondTGuy

Moved a grapple yarder from Menzies Bay to Gold Rver through the Tsitika and Vernon the last couple of days. Lowbed Tractor was a WFP P16 formally Woss Canfor lowbed truck. Kept looking at the truck thinking it looked very familiar to me. I looked around the cab and in the corners you could still find RED PAINT. A sure give away, only ID I could find was on insurance papers and under ID# were these digits. 461671. Not sure if that would help you find out who she was originally. But she sure looks like H02 e. Eve River truck as new. I'm not 100% sure on that, but figured only one way to find out. I could ask the master mechanic for full serial number next time I'm around Woss. Just thought it was worth a try..

Thank you

Reactions: 075

Ted Sr.

Occupation
Retired
DiamondTGuy

Moved a grapple yarder from Menzies Bay to Gold Rver through the Tsitika and Vernon the last couple of days. Lowbed Tractor was a WFP P16 formally Woss Canfor lowbed truck. Kept looking at the truck thinking it looked very familiar to me. I looked around the cab and in the corners you could still find RED PAINT. A sure give away, only ID I could find was on insurance papers and under ID# were these digits. 461671. Not sure if that would help you find out who she was originally. But she sure looks like H02 e. Eve River truck as new. I'm not 100% sure on that, but figured only one way to find out. I could ask the master mechanic for full serial number next time I'm around Woss. Just thought it was worth a try..

Thank you
I got the H02 in 1981 brand new, it was the first Pacific at Eve River.

Ted Sr.

Occupation
Retired
View attachment 185727I dont know if this was the truck or not Diamondtguy. This one might have been fixed at the Eve River Division Shop. There was however another P16 that had a bad cab fire and that was a Cameron Division PreLoad H123 I think ... Will have to check and get back to you on that though. we had gone out that night and Vicki had her 35 MM camera Snapped a bunch of pics and when we got home THERE WAS NO FILM IN IT!!!! Win Some Lose Some.
The H22 was an Eve River truck from brand new, after the fire it was rebuilt bu our body man Wayne C. Not sure of the year?

BTC

Well Mr. K. It might be H22. It can’t be H11. HDX Informed me she was cut up. I don’t think it’s your old H57 and I think Harold’s 56 is in Lemare fleet.

My guess is 02 or 22. But who knows. Might not even be an Eve truck. Just has that look. It’s old MB for sure

HDX

BTC H11 was sent to Franklin and there she was "Picked" apart As it turned out Hayes Forest ended up getting the remains of her and they rebuilt her. Being as she was a "121" truck She was sent up to Campbell River to Finning and sold out of there after HFS lost their contract at Franklin. This would have happened in Jan/Feb 2008. All the HFS trucks with 121 rear ends were sent up and sold through Finning up there. Sorry for the confusion about her