• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

MacMillan Bloedel Ltd. Red & White Iron, Past and Present....

HD Mech

Occupation
Heavy duty mechanic
I have a picture of my daughter and I beside your old H57 as the lowbed truck after we were running the tri-drives. If I get time I will post it.

Occupation
Running Supersnorkel
Pictures did not upload fist timed

Attachments

• Fishing 12 001 (Custom) (2).jpg
    Fishing 12 001 (Custom) (2).jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,082
  • Fishing 12 002 (Custom) (2).jpg
    Fishing 12 002 (Custom) (2).jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,084
  • Fishing 12 003 (Custom) (2).jpg
    Fishing 12 003 (Custom) (2).jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 1,080
  • Fishing 12 005 (Custom) (2).jpg
    Fishing 12 005 (Custom) (2).jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1,084

ap40rocktruck

Occupation
Owner / Master Model Maker
Wow, she has had several mods of the years, with Cummins KTA for power & the Pacific built cab on it. Good to see one again, still a favorite.
Thanks for posting.
Ap40

Ted Sr.

Occupation
Retired
It was a transmission hose, it got a pin hole in it and a very fine spray hit the exhaust and caught on fire.

I don't know if you know the whole storey or not but Sweed was heading for the dump loaded just before the adverse at TS when he smelled something burning and pulled over to see what it was. As soon as he stopped the flames that were going under the cab because he was moving now started to rise and if I remember correctly he had to jump off the running board. Thus the truck burnt up. It was heard at that time that transmission oil in the smallest pressurized spray was more volatile than gas.

Ted Sr.

ap40rocktruck

Occupation
Owner / Master Model Maker
Not a Pacific cab, it is a Mack cab with Pacific doors. I finally found the article on them trucks, I shall scan and post it.

Well good to know, although they did make changes to the front windows, as after the fitting of Pacific door, the front glass is much larger than the standard Mack.

Ap40

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
M&B preloader trailer now used by IPL.

Attachments

• IMG_1934s.jpg
    IMG_1934s.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 2,052
  • IMG_1935s.jpg
    IMG_1935s.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 2,033

DerelictTexture

Occupation
Trying tto figure out what to do when I grow up
Not sure if you guys have seen these videos. There's some pretty good footage and still photos packed in here.

[video=youtube;JVpjPzJ9bu8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVpjPzJ9bu8&feature=share&list=FLHseRq4MOhZH6TftsvSPiJw[/video]

DerelictTexture

Occupation
And another

[video=youtube;6p1qVmH6C7k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p1qVmH6C7k&feature=share&list=FLHseRq4MOhZH6TftsvSPiJw[/video]

DerelictTexture

Occupation
Last one for today

[video=youtube;oal5vyxunBA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oal5vyxunBA&feature=share&list=FLHseRq4MOhZH6TftsvSPiJw[/video]

Born2clearcut

M & B's floating bundling machine in Departure Bay Nanaimo B C . In picture 2 you can see a old beaver tied to the boom on the top right (hard to see in this small picture but its there :) . Sry I have no date for these pictures

Attachments

• M B Departure bay.jpg
    M B Departure bay.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 1,796
  • M B departure bay1.jpg
    M B departure bay1.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 1,776
  • mb departure bay.jpg
    mb departure bay.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 1,790
Last edited:

Born2clearcut

couple more . Picture 1 is M&B's sorting and bundling rig , picture 2 is the storage pockets in the booming grounds . both pictures taken in Ucluelet Vancouver Island B C

Attachments

• M B Ucluelet sorting bundling rig.jpg
    M B Ucluelet sorting bundling rig.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 1,670
  • M B Ucluelet storage pockets.jpg
    M B Ucluelet storage pockets.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 1,672

BrianN

Although these are not M&B equipment, it was the drivers manuals for logging truck and bus.
These were revised in November 1966 (Logging truck drivers manual) and December 1966 (Bus driving manual)
The logging truck manual is a whole 40 pages, while the bus driving manual is 13 pages.
Would probably take a full 15 minutes to read both of them.
M&B drivers manuals.jpg

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Here some shared pics of M&B Hayes trucks. Please enjoy. I think HDX will add some information.

Attachments

• MB Hayes-1s.jpg
    MB Hayes-1s.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,299
  • MB Hayes-2s.jpg
    MB Hayes-2s.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 1,282
  • MB Hayes-3s.jpg
    MB Hayes-3s.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,290
  • MB Hayes-4s.jpg
    MB Hayes-4s.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,282

HDX

The top picture with the driver sitting on the front fender was taken down in Sarita in the winter of 1973.Cameron Division went down to their winter shows in Sarita and Spencer and H247 got sent to Sarita. I finally got Al Horton to pose for me. The truck is H247 She is a WHDX with the Clark 8 speed Auto tranny and a 12V71 engine 90,000 Clark rears and 15 foot bunks. This was the first new truck delivered to M&B's new Cameron Division after it started operation in 1966. She was one of 4 Hayes WHDX's and 4 P16 Pacific's All 8 trucks were spec'd out the same with the Clark Trans and V12 GM engines H247 H248 H249 and H250 were the Hayes's and H251 H252 H253 and H254 were the pacifics. The three pictures below Al Horton are the H247 today. We found her up in the Campbell River area a few years ago. she is owned by DN Blakey Logging. She has been rebuilt a time or two but still looks great Of the 4 WHDX's at Cameron Division as you can see H247 still around H248 I think was parted out. H249 was shipped up to Juskatla and was made into a truck mounted spar and became J23 Trakloader has pics posted of her as the spar. She was cut up after time ran out for her. H250 was surplused in 1975 and sent to Northwest Bay Division as a low bed truck and then sold to an Alberta outfit for pulling a lowbed in the oilfields This is the better of the two styles of Clark shift towers (My opinion only) One of the welders in the Cameron shop welded the F and R on the johnson bar so it was easy to tell the difference. As a kid we just loved these Clarks because of the noise. The best years of our lives.