1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

MacMillan Bloedel Ltd. Red & White Iron, Past and Present....

Discussion in 'Forestry Equipment' started by trakloader, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Hayesno1

Hayesno1 Senior Member

Project manager
    Sorry wrong number:eek: I ment H262 and not H268. See posted picture of H262 and H297 both from Port McNeill. Posted some more pictures of old MB Port McNeill trucks some in new color configuration. From being MB trucks they went to WeyCo, then Cascadia and now WFP in less than 10 years - makes me wonder...

Attached Files:

2. HDX

HDX Senior Member

Hayesno1 Wow you did it again H262 went to M&B Port Hardy in 1967 and H297 went to Eve River Division in 1969 when these trucks were new. The P16 is one of M&B Sproat Lake Division trucks that was sold to Lamar Lake I think.

3. HDX

HDX Senior Member

Trakloader, That trailer was a bit of history in itself X07 was the trailer that went to EXPO67 in Montreal behind the Hayes HDX. After EXPO67 was over and everything came back to Vancouver the truck went into inventory and as it happened M&B had placed an order for trucks and the EXPO HDX was painted red and white (was APACHE YELLOW) and issued unit #H07 and as you know the trailers were Xnumbers so X07 went with her to M&Bs Copper Canyon Division The X07 serial # is 8013051 it was a 53ton not the 60 ton trailers of the 70s The H07 has been saved and restored by Alan Williamson of Qualicum Beach But as you know it does not have its proper trailer it has an old 53ton Franklin River trailer behind it

4. trakloader

trakloader Senior Member

Interesting stuff, I believe X07 came with H-55. It would be nice if we could re-unite H-07 with her original trailer!

5. Hayesno1

Hayesno1 Senior Member

Project manager
    Thanx HDX. You are right about P16 former MB truck:). It is old #H323 now LLL unit #T320.
    Re. H297. When new did HDX H294 go to Eve River Div as well? I know H293 did. H295 must still be going strong as a water truck. Is that an Eve River truck as well?

6. trakloader

trakloader Senior Member

7. Hayesno1

Hayesno1 Senior Member

Project manager
    MB dolly with a 5th wheel on it. I think HDX can identify it/make. I knew I had some pics of one:D

Attached Files:

8. trakloader

trakloader Senior Member

M&B QCD Chunk Truck

The only pics I have of it are these screen captures from a DVD. I believe it was H-226. Anyone have any idea who made that loader? :confused:

Attached Files:

9. trakloader

trakloader Senior Member

H-258

Attached Files:

10. trakloader

trakloader Senior Member

Loading, 1978

Screen shots from my DVD.

Attached Files:

11. trakloader

trakloader Senior Member

12. trakloader

trakloader Senior Member

13. HDX

HDX Senior Member

Hayesno1 H294 Delivered Jan 31 1969 H291 H292 H293 H294 H295 H296 H297 H298 All delivered in same period Eve River (We Deliver) Division

14. HDX

HDX Senior Member

You are right another load of berries ---only thing better is if it was on an HDX LOL

15. HDX

HDX Senior Member

Trakloader judging by the speed it must have been Frank Hampton driving

16. trakloader

trakloader Senior Member

Yaa, you're never happy! :D But you're right, I never liked the look of the P-16's with the enlarged windshields. I have some identical footage with H-149, but alas, it's copyrighted... :(

17. trakloader

trakloader Senior Member

Didn't you recognize his ugly mug in the preceding video? :confused:

18. PacificEd

PacificEd Active Member

All P-16's look good to me. :D

Best part is the only logger I've rode in is a HDX, #H-17 to be exact. Remember me Steve?

Great stuff trakloader...I've viewed most, if not all the YouTube videos you have posted over the years. Great stuff for a guy who lives so far away from it.

19. Hayesno1

Hayesno1 Senior Member

Project manager

Well PacificEd - you found this web. I totally agree #H17 is no. 1:) you ahve to come back. I am planing to come back for 5 weeks holiday this summer. 3 weeks at The Island. When heading North LLL shop is on your left just before you turn right heading against Beaver Cove....

20. PacificEd

PacificEd Active Member

Is it visible from the road?

I think I'll take Steve's advice and see about making another trip out.