1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

MacMillan Bloedel Ltd. Red & White Iron, Past and Present....

Discussion in 'Forestry Equipment' started by trakloader, Apr 13, 2010.

1. HD Mech

HD Mech Well-Known Member

Heavy duty mechanic
    I have a picture of my daughter and I beside your old H57 as the lowbed truck after we were running the tri-drives. If I get time I will post it.

2. Ted Sr.

Ted Sr. Member

Retired
    I would love to see it, I have a few pictures and will post some of them them as soon as I learn how

3. 075

075 Senior Member

Running Supersnorkel
    H100 sitting Port McNeill being parted out

4. 075

075 Senior Member

Running Supersnorkel
    Pictures did not upload fist timed

Attached Files:

5. log big

log big Well-Known Member

nice old mack truck looks like it could run again

6. ap40rocktruck

ap40rocktruck Well-Known Member

Owner / Master Model Maker
    Wow, she has had several mods of the years, with Cummins KTA for power & the Pacific built cab on it. Good to see one again, still a favorite.
    Thanks for posting.
    Ap40

7. Ted Sr.

Ted Sr. Member

Retired
    I don't know if you know the whole storey or not but Sweed was heading for the dump loaded just before the adverse at TS when he smelled something burning and pulled over to see what it was. As soon as he stopped the flames that were going under the cab because he was moving now started to rise and if I remember correctly he had to jump off the running board. Thus the truck burnt up. It was heard at that time that transmission oil in the smallest pressurized spray was more volatile than gas.

Ted Sr.

8. HD Mech

HD Mech Well-Known Member

Heavy duty mechanic
    I think I heard about that as I wasn't there until September of 95.

9. BTC

BTC Well-Known Member

Ted Sr

Mr. Klettke,

Swede also burnt the H-22 in the start of Catherine 61. 1997.

10. trakloader

trakloader Senior Member

Not a Pacific cab, it is a Mack cab with Pacific doors. I finally found the article on them trucks, I shall scan and post it.

11. ap40rocktruck

ap40rocktruck Well-Known Member

Owner / Master Model Maker
    Well good to know, although they did make changes to the front windows, as after the fitting of Pacific door, the front glass is much larger than the standard Mack.

Ap40

12. Hayesno1

Hayesno1 Senior Member

Project manager
    M&B preloader trailer now used by IPL.

Attached Files:

13. DerelictTexture

DerelictTexture Senior Member

Trying tto figure out what to do when I grow up
    Not sure if you guys have seen these videos. There's some pretty good footage and still photos packed in here.

[video=youtube;JVpjPzJ9bu8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVpjPzJ9bu8&feature=share&list=FLHseRq4MOhZH6TftsvSPiJw[/video]

14. DerelictTexture

And another

[video=youtube;6p1qVmH6C7k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p1qVmH6C7k&feature=share&list=FLHseRq4MOhZH6TftsvSPiJw[/video]

15. DerelictTexture

Last one for today

[video=youtube;oal5vyxunBA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oal5vyxunBA&feature=share&list=FLHseRq4MOhZH6TftsvSPiJw[/video]

16. Born2clearcut

Born2clearcut Senior Member

M & B's floating bundling machine in Departure Bay Nanaimo B C . In picture 2 you can see a old beaver tied to the boom on the top right (hard to see in this small picture but its there :) . Sry I have no date for these pictures

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  17. Born2clearcut

Born2clearcut Senior Member

couple more . Picture 1 is M&B's sorting and bundling rig , picture 2 is the storage pockets in the booming grounds . both pictures taken in Ucluelet Vancouver Island B C

Attached Files:

18. BrianN

BrianN Member

Although these are not M&B equipment, it was the drivers manuals for logging truck and bus.
    These were revised in November 1966 (Logging truck drivers manual) and December 1966 (Bus driving manual)
    The logging truck manual is a whole 40 pages, while the bus driving manual is 13 pages.
    Would probably take a full 15 minutes to read both of them.
    M&B drivers manuals.jpg

19. Hayesno1

Hayesno1 Senior Member

Project manager
    Here some shared pics of M&B Hayes trucks. Please enjoy. I think HDX will add some information.

Attached Files:

20. HDX

HDX Senior Member

The top picture with the driver sitting on the front fender was taken down in Sarita in the winter of 1973.Cameron Division went down to their winter shows in Sarita and Spencer and H247 got sent to Sarita. I finally got Al Horton to pose for me. The truck is H247 She is a WHDX with the Clark 8 speed Auto tranny and a 12V71 engine 90,000 Clark rears and 15 foot bunks. This was the first new truck delivered to M&B's new Cameron Division after it started operation in 1966. She was one of 4 Hayes WHDX's and 4 P16 Pacific's All 8 trucks were spec'd out the same with the Clark Trans and V12 GM engines H247 H248 H249 and H250 were the Hayes's and H251 H252 H253 and H254 were the pacifics. The three pictures below Al Horton are the H247 today. We found her up in the Campbell River area a few years ago. she is owned by DN Blakey Logging. She has been rebuilt a time or two but still looks great Of the 4 WHDX's at Cameron Division as you can see H247 still around H248 I think was parted out. H249 was shipped up to Juskatla and was made into a truck mounted spar and became J23 Trakloader has pics posted of her as the spar. She was cut up after time ran out for her. H250 was surplused in 1975 and sent to Northwest Bay Division as a low bed truck and then sold to an Alberta outfit for pulling a lowbed in the oilfields This is the better of the two styles of Clark shift towers (My opinion only) One of the welders in the Cameron shop welded the F and R on the johnson bar so it was easy to tell the difference. As a kid we just loved these Clarks because of the noise. The best years of our lives.