• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mack-Phase Two

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
I be lucky to change out the air valves, old air lines and gaskets out before I "need" to slap mine on that I acquired. Retired and still haven't made it to point in my life to have wants to be addressed, it's all about needs on a deadline.
Still would like to say, thank you for the transmission you gave me and I feel bad for not putting it in instead. Hope it goes in something as it means a lot.
Keep up the pictures and work, I aspire to get to that point one day and learn from them.

Truck Shop

Had a very low constant weep from the bottom radiator tank. Got tired of it and dumped the red coolant last Thursday and filled with green and a pint of additive. It would usually
have droplets forming on the lower tank bolts in three days, hasn't weep-ed or leaked anything since. I remember when the red coolant came out the Chevron rep said prepare for
seeps and leaks.

Truck Shop

Well the shop I took the side panels to F5$ked up the louvers and he realized he didn't have the die for rolling a 90* on bottom edge. I think after he ruined the panels trying to punch
louvers {crooked} he decided not to try running them through the bead roller to create a 90. So get more sheet steel and layout and cut two more panels and do something different
because I can't find anyone with enough TALENT to operate the equipment/machines they own. These people must just look at those tools wishing they could operate them. I think
I will make short stack type lovers out of 90* bent tubing.

Truck Shop

Two new panels cut out using the die grinder and skinny wheels, plus a die I had to make from 3/8"x6" flat bar to hand hammer a 7/16" wide 90* lip on the lower hood panels.
The 90* lip came out real good on both panels. Hated cutting up the flat bar for a one time use for a die but had to be done. I will post photos when riveted to upper hood halves.

11-19-2020 Hood Panel.JPG 11-19-2020 Hood Panel 1.JPG

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Found a used Huck gun for myself
Nothing special but they called it a cab kit for the two nose pieces 3/16 &1/4” and gun.
Just at a grand shipped.
Will need it for the tool box rebuild and several (over a dozen) sleeper wall corroded 1/4” Huck bolts.

Will be handy to have around.

Truck Shop

That was a good buy, Two types of huck guns early non Magna Grip and the Magna Grip. Magna Grip 3/8 hucks, either way new the gun is $3,500 plus nose pieces.