• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mack-Phase Two

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Watching you exit the cab reminded me of Unwinding myself from the old Bs when worked at Mack and at the Independent garage.

Truck Shop

Well there probably won't be anymore posts on any progress for several months, at least til the hood is completed and installed. Jose the body guy is pretty independent and pretty slow'
can't push him he just gets slower. I figure sometime next March or April, besides I think most on here are tired of it anyway.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Old-iron-habit, Roger was passing through the area yesterday and stopped by to see the mack.
Had a nice visit and took him for a ride in the mack. Nice guy interesting to talk to.

I have to tell that I had a blast helping my friend in SE Washington harvest wheat but my visit with Truck Shop put it over the top. Cruising in the Mack put me back 50 years to my uncle's old B Model. But the only thing comparable was the cab size. I was in one sweet ride. No rattles, no sticks flopping around, no windows flopping, no mirrors shaking so bad you could only see headlights. Truck Shop built one sweet truck. I looked up, down, all around, and even under. Pictures just don't do this truck justice. It is impeccable, every hidden line and wire is still secured in such a neat orderly way. No new factory truck has this kind of detail. Thank you Truck Shop for the nice visit and many thanks for the "cruise". And to boot, with the peonies pods you sent for my wife, she says she can't wait for me to get home. Now she wants me back for sure! :D:D Many thanks Mike. I really enjoyed your hospitality.

Truck Shop

I picked the wagon up this afternoon from Jose the body guy, been there six days. He worked fitting the hood halves to radiator and cowl curves, lot of work. From where it's at now
it looks like the hood will be four pieces, two painted tops {the color of cab} and two polished lower pieces riveted the length to the tops. Be glad when this S.O.B. is done.

Truck Shop

Here are the top hood halves, left side in place on truck with bows installed and the right side on horses ready to install bows. The very front and rear bows are originals and three new
hand formed from 12 gauge 3" wide. Where the bottom panels with louvers fit it will take 29- 3/16 huck rivets holding upper halves and lower panels plus the 3/4" x 1/8" strip the bows
are welded to. There will be a very thin layer of insulating foam between hood skin and bows.

Hood Right.JPG Right Side Engine.JPG Hood Left.JPG

Truck Shop

Made a great deal today-bought a RTLO18913A-13spd for real cheap, only a minor repair. And just happen to have the odd ball 2.750/54 spline 1710 yoke already.
So some time in the next two weeks I will drop the RTO12513 that's in it now for the 18913. It's a way quieter and smoother shifting gear box.

Truck Shop

There is room for a 12V but that's the only 2 stroke, if I were to do a engine change out it would get a Series 60 12.7 500 hp.

The trans came along as a accident and I had zero money in the other gear box and it is slightly noisy worked ok but noisy. I bought the 189 for 1,000 it's worth 2,500 because it's
a halo box. So it was worth it-it's only issue was the slave valve. it came out of a wreck. Plus with one of these projects there's always things to change when it lands in your lap..