• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mack-Phase Two

Truck Shop

Thanks, but the one who deserves credit for the great body work and paint job is {Jose Palomino}. That cab had been wrecked two different times if figured by the types of body filler that was used
through the years. The roof was really bad along with the lower right side of the bulk head where the fender extension would bolt on. He had to heat shrink both areas and hand hammered it.
He worked off and on straightening the roof for a month, and it is straighter than when it was new more than likely. The body filler he used is paper thin. Also the A pillars were off so he had to push the cab straight to
get the door gaps correct.

Truck Shop

Well it's not going to go at a very fast pace from here on out. I will work on the cab this fall through the winter. I have several things that I have to custom build, one is the visor.
But wiring and airline routing will go slow because it is not something to get in a hurry over. Everyone wants
to know the name of the color but I just picked it out of a paint chip book at Napa. The boss wants to
change the color of the fenders on his next order of trucks to that color with the white cab. But the tint
is more purplish with the naked eye than in the photos. Plus it is heavy metal flake-retro.

Last edited:

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Building a good fitting well functioning harness will take a lot of measuring and careful planning. Going with a Bulkhead block, basic grommet(Hard Wire) or a Cannon Plug transition thru the firewall? Will only be basic lighting simplistic engine electrical/instrumentation and rear lighting to attach?

crane operator

So have you started on the custom body work for the hood and area between the rear of the fender and the cab? That's the area I'm interested to see the blend between the new and the old.

In the picture you posted of the other long hood, it looks like he's just got some flat panels bolted in there. Got custom plans for that area? Will you use a second hood to split and add in to the factory hood, or just build all new from scratch?

long hood b model_LI.jpg