• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mack CL350 ST logging truck

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
Off topic question but I know it has been touched on before....but do any of the Arctic Convoy Macks still excist.??I know they were used after the initial trip.Anyone have some after Arctic history on them...

I was reading about the Antarctic Cat D8's and got me thinking about these trucks...

Paystar

Occupation
Retired trucking owner/operator
Off topic question but I know it has been touched on before....but do any of the Arctic Convoy Macks still excist.??I know they were used after the initial trip.Anyone have some after Arctic history on them...

I was reading about the Antarctic Cat D8's and got me thinking about these trucks...

No updates on this? I'd like to know what happened to those also.

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
One of the first if not the first CL350ST had serial no. #1034. It was delivered around 1st of october 1976. It went to B.C. Mack distributer in Vancouver and was painted yellow. Cab was "CA352". Truck was delivered without watertank. I wonder who built the watertanks that were attached to CL350?

DBDLS

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
One of the first if not the first CL350ST had serial no. #1034. It was delivered around 1st of october 1976. It went to B.C. Mack distributer in Vancouver and was painted yellow. Cab was "CA352". Truck was delivered without watertank. I wonder who built the watertanks that were attached to CL350?

Looks like Columbia rigging to me.

Maars090

Hi there I'm new to this site but hoping to find out some info. My Uncle drove for MacMillan Bloedel out of Menzies Bay for many years. He past away several years ago but recently his wife gave me a picture of him standing in front of his truck he drove, a Mack CL350 with H445 on it's side. It was an award he received from MacMillan Bloedel for 30 accident free years of driving. Would anyone know if this truck still exists?

BTC

I absolutely know the name Ray Maars

The H445 May either be at Bendickson or the truck Gord Thompson owns. I’m not positive. But I bet HDX knows.

Ray worked with my gramps for many years at Menzies Bay Division

Maars090

I just talked to my Dad about my Uncle and that truck. He informed me that some time after the picture was taken, he rolled the truck while it was fully loaded on the last run of the day. He also said that my Uncle lost his brakes and had to whip the truck so that it would tip, before he got to a very steep part of the road. My Uncle ended up with broken ribs and wouldn't talk about for a long time. Now I'm more curious to know if the truck still exists.

Maars090

I absolutely know the name Ray Maars

The H445 May either be at Bendickson or the truck Gord Thompson owns. I’m not positive. But I bet HDX knows.

Ray worked with my gramps for many years at Menzies Bay Division
That's awesome! My Dad grew up in Menzies Bay and my Grandpa was a Boom Forman

6-110

Occupation
Retired
About 1977 while laid-off from my regular driving job at ERT I went to Menzies Bay to drive. The dispatcher sent me for a load with Roy Maars. I knew Roy from the golf course. He let me drive once we were loaded and I then went on an older hdx which I think was H 219. Roy was a fine gentleman.

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Olympic Forrest still have 2 of the 3 old M&B going strong. One was working further North #H200 but the other was parked in Stillwater cause of the ongoing strike. The last #H100 is used for spare parts as you can. Maybe I should post them on M&B site...094BD402-66F8-495E-B0A1-8F59B25204A2.jpeg331F1DBA-8B76-468C-A001-4A59F10D912F.jpeg

BTC

Hayesno1

Would you be able to tell us what the writing on truck 300 hood skirt says please? Wondering what the unit number was when it was an MB truck.

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Hayesno1

Would you be able to tell us what the writing on truck 300 hood skirt says please? Wondering what the unit number was when it was an MB truck.
I think it says “Mama Tried” H200 was #H441 and H300 was #H444