• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

machine to buy or run away from

Carolina start up

Yup run away its beaten. Diesel engine oil generally turns black after a couple hours of running that's pretty normal, some tier 4 engines stay a little cleaner but not much. Those little engines generally vibrate at bit at idle but if its shaking pretty bad there could be other problems. Cracks on the dozer blade indicate quite a bit of abuse and the rest of the machine from the photos you supplied looked like its been used in the demolition industry heavily like almost driven through buildings. lol I wouldn't pay $5,000 for that thing.
i find the machines on craigslist last night to he wanted 23500 for it 43000 for the pair
https://raleigh.craigslist.org/hvo/d/sanford-takeuchi/7140147970.html

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Would NOT give $23 for the Pair, 18 for Both maybe. He is crap for maintenance, has battered Both machines, he is trying to recover his investment and has still made money with them. You tear machines up as he has done then expect to recover all costs is not going to cut it. Walk Away SMARTLY and do Not look back.

Carolina start up

Would NOT give $23 for the Pair, 18 for Both maybe. He is crap for maintenance, has battered Both machines, he is trying to recover his investment and has still made money with them. You tear machines up as he has done then expect to recover all costs is not going to cut it. Walk Away SMARTLY and do Not look back.
well ive contacted a lot of dealers gonna be looking at more soon

AzIron

Payments are a killer starting out but it's a catch 22 I will say figure out what you would bill in 30 days if uh you stayed busy that's the amount of money you need in the bank to start plus equipment I have customers that pay at the end of the day and some that take 90 or 100days prices reflect payment terms but you cant use money you have not received to operate a company and monthly expenses add up.

A machine that size with decent hours and 5 years old should be 10 to 12 grand at most

Carolina start up

Payments are a killer starting out but it's a catch 22 I will say figure out what you would bill in 30 days if uh you stayed busy that's the amount of money you need in the bank to start plus equipment I have customers that pay at the end of the day and some that take 90 or 100days prices reflect payment terms but you cant use money you have not received to operate a company and monthly expenses add up.

A machine that size with decent hours and 5 years old should be 10 to 12 grand at most
Well the local case dealer has a cx33 with 9 hours for 32350 and Takeuchi for a brand new 230 with 24 inch bucket open and thumb installed is right at 40000 and for Komatsu they where at about 55000 for a pc35 same way

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Spensive!!!!!

Now that you have NEW Pricing, think about five years of abuse and where those prices should be.

Carolina start up

IF everything still worked well and no severe repairs(Yoke welds, sprockets, etc) to be performed. Start by adding the more serious repairs costs EVEN if you perform them up, reduce pricing from there by those numbers.
well im thinking now maybe i should just start my small lawn care business and see how it goes and then go from there i guess its not to late in the year to start doing lawn care