• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lull RIP 1959-2015

Speedpup

Occupation
President and all else that needs done!
Discontinued how sad. Guess as the masonry business slides so does the use of Lulls very specific to masonry. Discontinued 2015 by JLG. Now just Skytrack and JLG. Guess Pettibone will get Lull users now.

Last edited:

barklee

Hi Speedpup! Havent seen you on here for a while..... Good to see you posting again.
Yes, this does stink. Cant believe they made that decision, my guess was the same as your with the downturn in the masonry business. People seem to be going from owning their own fleet to renting, and i guess its not a bad way to view things if you can build it into the job. The last time we had to rent a telehandler i asked for a Lull and it wasnt any more money than a JLG. Rental yards dictate what is going to be built and i guess they dont feel that added cost of a Lull is worth the return.
Maybe another manufacturer will buy Lull from JLG and continue producing........ Cant comment on a traversing Pettibone but i had a 8042 and it was decent but not a Lull...

IUOE Man

Occupation
Operating Engineer
Yep,LULL had it down to a science with that sliding carriage.Came in handy many times.

Speedpup

Occupation
President and all else that needs done!
There is a Pettibone on a job I am working. Some good ideas like being able to get inside the fuel and hydraulic tanks via a removable plate on each to get arm or tools inside. I have not tried it yet. I do like the Lulls. Doubt Lull will be sold JLG would have put it for sale before shutting it down. Less competition also. Sad to see. No clue how you land at 40 or 60 feet by splitting the joy stick. I thoiught they were on solid ground being part of larger corporation.