• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lull forklift hydraulic hose setup help

JacksonD8N

I have here a Lull 644D-34 . I replaced the hydraulic hoses going from the master control to the boom. About 8 hoses. I thought I had the correct order of hoses written out but I do not. Controls are now all switched up. I looked into the manual for the correct setup and couldn’t find anything on this. Does anyone know where I can find the correct hose setup? Or how I could simply troubleshoot this issue getting the the right controls. Thanks

153D35A2-5819-410C-BF4C-2CDAE8C2991B.jpeg

Attachments

• 07E43B1F-AF43-46C1-A881-303F099FFBCA.jpeg
    07E43B1F-AF43-46C1-A881-303F099FFBCA.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 6
  • A27FAA4C-D58D-416A-B37A-3E1EC04E3C90.jpeg
    A27FAA4C-D58D-416A-B37A-3E1EC04E3C90.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 7

U8u812

Maybe sort them out by seeing what happens when you use each control. For instance, if boom lift control now runs tilt cylinder, you have identified that hose. Go though them one by one and mark hoses as you go. Then re connect accordingly. Might take a little time to sort out, but unless you can visually trace the hoses, it seems like worth a try.

Delmer

I'd start with identifying any controls that work correctly, and then try to figure out pairs that could have been switched to explain the ones that don't work correctly.

Even if they don't move, you can see which hoses are pressurized by how they tense up if you have a helper to work the controls while you watch the hoses. Both the hose on the pressurized side of a cylinder and the other side of that cylinder will be pressurized until you open the return side that it is now connected to. Once the cylinder reaches the end of the stroke, it will only pressurize the one side and not the return. So it will take some time to work out which is which, but I'd think it would be doable and you can work out the minimum number of hoses to change to get it correct.