1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Lull 844-42 oops

Discussion in 'Forklifts/Telehandlers' started by Impact, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Impact

Impact Senior Member

Owner
    We had an ooops this week. Laid the Lull over on it's side. Thankfully nobody was hurt. Bent the outer boom section is about the only damage.

Does anybody know where I might find a boom section?

2. Knepptune

Knepptune Senior Member

Louisville may be to far but you might check with medleys truck repair. The fixed a crane boom for us a while back. Unless it's totally mangled I bet you can get it fixed cheaper then anything.

I wish I knew of an equipment junkyard. And I'd hate to try to go through JLG.

3. aerolift

aerolift Well-Known Member

Lull Boom Sections

Call these people.....WEB Eqpt
    800-225-3858
    Ask for Brian or Al

4. Moonlite

Moonlite Senior Member

Must be a bad week for forklifts. One of my customers had a genie square shooter parked on a hill. Park brake failed and it rolled down and rolled over a few times. I haven't looked at it he said motor mounts radiator and hydraulic hoses was all that's wrong. But I'm betting more than that will show up.

5. Impact

Impact Senior Member

Owner
    I wanted to blame my employee for the mishap, but, I think it was my fault. The tires are foam filled. They needed replacing back last spring. It took a few weeks to get them foam filled, so we just had new rubber put on the rims. AFTER the accident, we read the stickers on the side of the machine. Tire are ballast filled! OOps. Operator swears it tipped when it shouldn't have.

6. Impact

Impact Senior Member

Owner
    I considered welding it back together. We cut it in half with a torch as it was pretty mangled. I could actually do it myself. Not sure of the repercussions of repairing it.

7. old-iron-habit

old-iron-habit Senior Member

Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
    Even if you find one in a salvage yard chances are that it is there because of a damaged boom and costs to repair was prohibitive.

8. NC289

NC289 Member

Hope no one was hurt! I'm hoping to avoid your experience. My machines are also foam filled and sometimes I get this weird feeling that it's not stable enough. Someone suggested I go with solids but they seemed quite pricey. Anyone has other suggestions?

9. Impact

Impact Senior Member

Owner
    I had ordered two tires foam filled several weeks ago. Great, they just showed up. $2,500. If I only had a lift to put them on. LOL @ the irony.

10. qball

qball Senior Member

local 150 operator
    DO NOT REPAIR YOUR OWN BOOM!
    Unless you are certified and approved, the liability will kill you.

11. FSERVICE

FSERVICE Senior Member

x2!!!

12. lantraxco

lantraxco Senior Member

You can bend the laws of physics a little, but you can't break them.... something else always breaks first :(

13. Impact

Impact Senior Member

Owner
    Insurance company totaled the unit. One boom section was 100% ruined. The other had a dent. They insisted on repairing with new parts. Machine was insured for $30K. Parts were 55K. I'd be interested in buying it back but, to date, they haven't made me an offer. Probably best to just let it go.

14. barklee

barklee Senior Member

Do you happen to know the model of that square shooter? We have an SS1048 for parts. Been trying to find a wrecked one for years, i need the drivetrain

15. Moonlite

Moonlite Senior Member

It's a ss636