• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

lull 644b-37 steering locked

matthew carr

I lent machine out to someone and while using the wheels just locked to the right . steering wheel will turn to right but wont turn left. hydraulic pump doesnt seems to want to engage when trying to turn steering wheel to the left
i switched the right and left hoses at the orbital but its doing the same thing steer
it is in crab mode, ive also taken all hoses off steer cylinder thinking that a cylinder is bypassing but that doesnt seem to be it. any help would be greatly appreciated

tractormech

Okay-here's the questions-if you put it in front steer mode will the wheels turn? Have you switched the steer control around while trying to steer at the same time? You say it doesn't turn left and it seems like the hydraulic pump isn't supplying pressure for that function-Does the steering wheel move and nothing happens or is the wheel locked up and won't rotate left at all? There has to be travel in the steering cylinders for it to operate. Be sure they didn't crab steer it one way and then switch the control valve and steer the front all the way and then switch the controller again. It will effectively lock the steering. Then they walk off and say "I don't know what's wrong with it" I've dealt with this before. Check those things and let us know.

matthew carr

steering wheel moves to the right fine. will not move to the left. once you turn to steering wheel to left it becomes very hard wheels themselves are positioned to the right and will not move.

i will check tomorrow and report back thanks