• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

lube trailer

shadow2

Just started to do the maintenance on our machines. Dealing with the multiple types of fluid and def and keep them clean. Looking for a lube trailer and was wondering if anybody has used one

shadow2

can any one help me with the lube trailer or an idea on sorting all the different fluids for the machines i use 5w-20, 5w-40, 15w-40, 30 weight 5w-30. cat hydraulic oil, 90-100 weight gear oil. cat tdo swing drive oil. i use ford gold coolant, ford orang coolant, green coolant, cat extended life coolant. all sorts of cleaners and degreaser and lubricant sprays. I'm get a 450 service body and can tow up to and 8 ton trailer. most of the fluids i don't need on a daily basis.

and i need a way to store and transport at least 100 gallons of wast coolant and 100 gallon of wast oil to meet the minimum at the place i dump it off.

thanks for the help

blitz138

shadow2, Id be willing to bet you can consolidate alot of your oils. That would make it much easier to sort a trailer.

shadow2

I need 15w-40 cat deo ulsf engine oil because oftheemisions in the new mechines and to keep warenty can be used in all my Desiels but the ford 6.7 witch is 5w-50 to keep the truck under warranty

I can run all the gas truck on 5w-20

And the 30 weight is for the small engines

Randy88

Do you work out of a shop, or are you planning on everything on this trailer? Do you do only jobsite oil changes or you planning on just toping off fluids at a jobsite, we need some more information. Also what dollar range are looking to spend on this project? As for waste oil, just use 55 gallon drums, easier to clean, fast to replace and low cost, same for waste antifreeze.

As for all the paperwork, your supplier who sells you the oil, antifreeze and whatever should be able to supply everything you need for those in new product.

Before buying anything, check with your state dot office and chat with their hazmat people, get the criteria and specs they require for tank size, locations and whatever else they'll fine you for in the upcoming years if its not done their way and according to their specs. There are federal rules and then each state has their own set of rules you have to obey, most on here can't begin to tell you what your state requires.