• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lowboy videos

Liquorsea

What's everyones opinion on the best brand of lowboys. I'm looking at a few new 50 toners, but can't really see the difference besides price between trail king, rogers, fontaine, talbert, and so on.

bill5362

Occupation
I own a excavation company and a rolloff container
Nice setup

Iowa that is a nice set up you have. Does the single axle steer on the tractor, I was assuming it did but I saw one not too long ago that didn't, not sure why either.

oversize

Occupation
low loader driver
Look good, different to the way it is done here as most of our trailers rear load with ramps and the deck widen out so there is no track over hang

IowaCat08

Bill, if your are talking about the pusher axle, yes it does turn and follow the direction the truck is going. We put them on everyone of our trucks, when drivers forget to raise them while backing up it can get ugly tho.

06bowtie_guy

Bill, if your are talking about the pusher axle, yes it does turn and follow the direction the truck is going. We put them on everyone of our trucks, when drivers forget to raise them while backing up it can get ugly tho.

Need to wire in the reverse circut to the lift axle switch. Make em automatically go up when in reverse. ;)

Very nice truck and shovel!!!
Any links to pics of your fleet??

IowaCat08

Bowtie, Not yet I just bought a digital video camera so when works picks back up, I will work on getting some good action shots.

rigandig

Bill 5362, Some states used to not recognize the steerable lift axle because they said when it lifted while backing up you would be in violation of your permit. Go figure. I have non-steerable on both of my tractors.
Rigandig

bill5362

Occupation
I own a excavation company and a rolloff container
Rigandig thanks for the info. I didn't know that some state didn't recognize if lifted. I hadn't ever seen a true single that didn't steer either, maybe if didn't lift either?