• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

lowboy Q

pigpen60

now that explains something. we never had modern equipment, you either went over the rear or over the side. and when all else failed track cross country.

heavylift

I depends on the brand... we had one the you had to lay a 4x6 across the frame to hold the next up. It had a hydraulic foot to lift the trailer. can't remember what else we had to do...
Used a few with fold down neck.... you just pulled a pin on both sides, unhook the 5th wheel. put the winch in neutral then ease out from under the ramp...

dozerdave

Hi pigpen60,

Click on Murray's add in the right hand column and someplace in there you will see a very good video of a hand removing a goose neck from a Murray lowboy.

Chaz Murray

Dam Chaz is a superstar, in the movies...LOL!!!

Yeah not so much. It kinda came down to no one really wanted to be on video so I got to. Since I am not in a truck often I am a lot slower than someone that dose it everyday... Up until about 6 weeks ago I did not even have my class A license so could not even leave the yard haha....