• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Low oil pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeew

I got a d9g with a d353 engine, serial number 66a12365. We just rebuilt the engine and on startup we had low oil pressure from 8 psi to 22 psi. We put a brand new oil pump in and the oil pressure is still the same. Can the turbo oiler be the problem? It wasn't in the greatest shape when we put it back on the engine because it was seized up.

Truck Shop

C Mark, Nige or Mark 250 are the ones you need, they will probably be along.

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
I really like those old “six and a quarter bore” Cat engines. There was a recent discussion about aftermarket vs OEM Cat parts. I assume you have already installed a known good & accurate test gauge to verify oil pressure.

On more than one occasion, I have found the wrong size main or rod bearings installed in circumstances like this. I would review the plasti-gauge results from assembly or drop a rod and main cap and double check bearing clearance.

Was this work done in the tractor or did you pull the engine? Any machine shop work done?

Reactions: DB2

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
I just noticed there are two threads going on this. That’s a party foul. I’ll follow the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.