• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lots of equipment pictures

doncampbell

Occupation
snowplowing/lawncare
Hi you guys,
I see it has been over 4 years since I posted here !! Wow !!
I am 4 years older, but I still love big and small machinery and still love building models. In the last four years I stopped building farm toy models and have just built heavy equipment models.
My goal is to build a 1/2 scale driveable equipment like a old Cat scraper or a old loader without a cab like a Cat 988 .
Not sure if this post will work.

doncampbell

Occupation
snowplowing/lawncare
Thanks,
This website sure has everything !!, wow !
Not even sure where I fit in here . I just love machinery and enjoy taking pictures of machinery .
I guess I could refresh everyone of my past four years by just having you either visit my website at or go to You-Tube and type in ( doncampbellmodels )
I posted last week three clips on You-Tube of me walking through some heavy equipment salvage yards. Dozens of cool old machinery some of you might enjoy seeing .
I also got to play on some old equipment and have videos of that on You-Tube.
Some of you might remember me building models , last year I built at 9 foot tall model of the Silver Spade stripping shovel. That is also on You-Tube and my webpage.
The last four years I have been only building construction models and it has been GREAT !!

9420pullpan

This is one of only places where any Equipment Junkie fits in....

welcome back, what is on the list of builds for this year?

doncampbell

Occupation
snowplowing/lawncare
Thanks , I thought some of you might enjoy the old equipment pictures at the salvage yards. I just finished a half scale Caterpillar 10 tractor model and 10 foot long Euclid heavy haul rig and a Dart tractor trailer coal hauler rig. Today I am working on a Cat 966C loader and just finished the engine for it. My next project is a heavy load for the Euclid rig. and then after that either a Berliet Truck or a KW 953 oilfield truck .
You can see pics of the models if you want at www.doncampbellmodels.com

John Hall

Don, My first job after college was as an engineer for Dart at thier factory in Kanasas City. I helped with some of the detail design of the hauler you recently modeled - WOW what memories - Thanks for sharing your work - I have several pictures of the 4150 dottom dump during its shake down run on the streets of what now is an industril park just off I-435. Thanks again for shairing your work. John Hall