• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lost the fast speed travel on my volvo 210blc

farmerlund

Occupation
Farmer/ excavator
Ser# 14641. So the high speed travel kicked off the other day and no longer works. I am pretty sure its one of the solinoids in the compartment with the pumps. Mine has 3 lined up in a row front to back. could someone tell me witch one is the travel one? what shoud the voltage be at the plug in when the high speed is engaged? I asume it is 0 when in slow speed?

Thanks

farmerlund

Occupation
Farmer/ excavator
the solenoid hanging upside down closest to the front., the middle one is boost and the back is safety.
So mine have the black magnet part pointing up. all three are the same. I can just swap the boost with the travel speed to see if its the magnet? Any idea how the voltage reads when switching the travel speed from low to high?

Thanks FWF

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
MA 49 is the valve for two speed travel, note it has an override button.
Kind regards
UffexMA46 48 49.JPG

farmerlund

Occupation
Farmer/ excavator
yep, I am in the pump room looks llike the picture Uffex has posted. ser number in first post. EC210V14641. I will check it out tommarrow and see if i can discoveer what failed. Thanks

farmerlund

Occupation
Farmer/ excavator
Turns out it was one of the square relays in the box by the fuel tank. Kind of a strange set up, it used two relays for the travel speed. After swapping the horn relay around with the travel ones a couple times I narrowed it down to the dead one. Thanks