• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Loose Extendahoe Padding material

Seananamous

My extendahoe is a bit loose swinging from side to side when I drive it. I'm assuming its because the pads are worn out.
Because I need (4) pads - $450 bucks for some plastic, I'd rather make them myself. What type of material is normally used for these? is it polycarbonate?
# 10 is what I'm looking for - https://partstore.casece.com/us/ASCOEQ-Branch15/sliding-pad-p947141.html

1265010.png

greg9504

I believe it is UHMW but could be wrong. I have similar wear blocks that I replaced on my HIAB crane, and I couldn't tell any difference between the wear pads I got from the dealer and a block of UHMW I had (besides price)... I think you'd want the kind treated for UV which is usually black in colour.

Theweldor

Occupation
The Village Idiot
You are correct it is UHMW. Ultra high molecular weight plastic. As with anything there are many grades. Some that do not require lubrication. Find your self a local machine shop and they cam make most anything you will need.

Outdoort

Anyone know what the thinkness of the wear pads are from the case dealer? I have a super K that needs a pad replaced, but might need all replaced at some point. Would be nice if the Case oem was somethings standard like .5" think, so we can just buy a sheet of it and cut to fit...

Billrog

Occupation
band mill , backhoe and dump truck
I shimmed mine out with with some thin gauge metal shts until they were snug. If your going to use plastic the blue color is self lubricating which I used to replace the large washer under a boom once and it lasted yrs.

Outdoort

So I did some measuring outside on these existing wear pads I have. Best I can tell, they are .5" thick. They are 11 3/4" x 4 7/8 in size, but a 5"x12" will work just fine without machining it down.

Mcmaster carr part number for this UHMW Plastic is : 8702K517
$18 dollars and some change. All I gotta do is drill out the bolt holes and machine out a recess for a washer so the bolt head can sit down inside the below flush. I was almost about to order the Case part, but I just don't see the reason. There wear pad is $118. I'm thinking I'm going to re use the shim, and see where I'm at on the service manual spec after re assembly, and determine if I need additional shims or what not.

Also have a couple bushings in my cart at the moment for the auto leveler because the Case brand part is $36 dollars each! And you need two of them. I'm kinda getting pissed at Case over this s**t. This stuff shouldn't be so pricy. I expect to pay a premium for OEM, but some simple stuff like a flanged bushing shouldn't cost what they are asking.

i attached a couple photos of my bottom wear plate and how the bolts sheared off somehow. Gotta get the threads out of the dipper now. Prob just gonna tig weld a nut on or something.

Attachments

• 06650E05-7309-4E77-A150-314E45051F76.jpeg
    06650E05-7309-4E77-A150-314E45051F76.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 23
  • E45ABF78-9635-4454-81FC-B0F2A97C72DA.jpeg
    E45ABF78-9635-4454-81FC-B0F2A97C72DA.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 24
  • 188FADDC-928D-4D19-BDC2-F0F72F50FD5A.jpeg
    188FADDC-928D-4D19-BDC2-F0F72F50FD5A.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 23
Last edited: