• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking to buy new Equipment trailer stuck between 2 brands

AlexNH1988.

I am looking to buy a 7x20 10k equipment trailer. I am stuck between Reiser and Liberty. does anyone have any experience with either of these?

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I don't know the brands but I'll recommend you make sure anything you buy has Dexter axles. Parts for other brands can be either difficult to find or much more expensive. I made the mistake with my own trailer, wasn't aware of this problem.

movindirt

I would advise stepping up to a 14k lb gvw in the 7x20' size, doesn't take much of a skid loader or mini ex for that length to be overloaded. Unless you are only going to 10k lbs to stay under CDL limit...

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
I don't know the brands but I'll recommend you make sure anything you buy has Dexter axles. Parts for other brands can be either difficult to find or much more expensive. I made the mistake with my own trailer, wasn't aware of this problem.

I'll second this. Parts for Dexter axles are easy to come by on line and a lot of local big brand dealers keep a good assortment in stock.