• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking to buy a dozer in Utah and have a possibly stupid question

clansing1

Ok, the bulldozer is located in Salt Lake City, Utah. Good looking dozer. The "Salt" in Salt Lake City raises an eyebrow. Is corrosion from salt a problem to equipment in this area? What are the soil/sand/rock conditions more severe than normal. I understand that it depends on its use and operator. Just curious. The machine looks fairly clean and wear is consistent with its age.

Thanks in advance.

Knocker of rock

It is the same as the rest of the entire intermountain west. Salt Lake is actually about forty miles away in the middle of a huge salt playa, similar to many playas around Las Vegas and other areas including Palm Springs and Barstow. So you are OCD'ing about nothing in particular

blitz138

The only time you would see above average salt in Salt Lake is on the roads in winter when they are salting them for ice. No worries about the environment here. Let me know if you want me to go take a look at it.