• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking for Waukesha info

Grant

Hello all, a couple months ago an old firetruck followed me home (honest!) It has a Waukesha 779 c.i. 6 cylinder gas engine. It started but runs a little rough and I would like to clean and adjust the points on both distributors. I have tried a couple different search engines online but can't find any point gap or dwell settings for these engines. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Grant

Grant

Thanks Steve, I'll check that out. Hard to believe I can't find anything on the net about them big boys.

salesrep

Occupation
Sales Rep
Is this the same waukesha in Wi. If it is they still produce natural gas engines for industry. They may have info. Just a thought.

badranman

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner Cutting Edge Construction Limited
Does this help you any Grant? It's a manual but it's for sale. They have lots of others on the site too if this isn't the exact one.

Grant

Now that the weather has calmed down a bit, I'll see if I can post a pic. The truck is a 1955 Oren, built from Corbitt trucks. Only 17,000k on the speedo, typical fire truck. Salesrep, I would assume they are the same engine, they could afford to run them, pumping thier own fuel. Badranram, that does look like the manual for this engine, if I decide to keep it I'll order one. I'm hoping I can find time to tinker with it this weekend, depending if the sugar maples decide to take off again. (had a nice run 2 weeks ago) Thanks all!