• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking for used oil cooler,,

Powder

Occupation
Truck driver
Our Ford 655 D needs a oil cooler. A new on is 800.00 Any ideas where to find a used one?

El Hombre

Isn't the oil cooler part of the radiator? That's how my 5550 is. Previous owner plumbed in a remote cooler in front of the radiator when the OEM cooler started leaking into the radiator water. I would suggest you do the same; find a cooler that will fit in front of the rad and pipe that in.

Otherwise start calling the used machinery places to see if they have a used one. Used rads are a crap shoot as to condition, but you won't find out before you buy it....

Powder

Occupation
Truck driver
El Hombre,, Ours has a big oil cooler that sits in front of the radiator. It has one big hose(size of a Radiator Hose) that goes into it and out,,and then pair of small ones like you would see on a truck or car. its not part of the radiator.I found a new one on broken tractor .com
but its almost 800.00 . Ill probably take this one to the Radiator shop and see if they can do anything with it,,as its rough