• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking for some help fellas!

hoeman600

Occupation
yellow thingy moverer
I have a 97 F-350 7.3 powerstroke and its only got 32 thow on the dial now. It bogs when cold or warm . when I step on the break pedal it stops but when i accelerate it starts again. I thought it might be the vacuum pump so I have a new one (not installed yet) just wanna see what you guys think..and spare me the ford jokes! Ive heard them all . Ill keep the fords any day

bpogue

Could you clarify more of what your symptoms are? Does it seem to be missing, or just low on power? Are there any codes present? Make sure to check your fuel and air filters.

hoeman600

Occupation
yellow thingy moverer
sorry Its bogs down than I depress the break it stops . I was told it sounds like the EBPV iis sticking so Ill check that next

drp53188

Occupation
mechanic
sounds like the EBPV tube is clogged up or the sensor is bad.
find somebody that can scan the PCM it has a self test that will check the valve.