• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking for small Excavator operator in Toronto, Ontario

ymhik

I am trying to save money on waterproofing my house basement, I would like to rent an excavator and hire a person to operate it
let me know if there is an interest

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums ymhik.

To be honest, you will be better off hiring the excavation out than renting and excavator and then trying to find someone to operate it. When it's all said and done, a legit excavation contractor with proper licensing and insurance (that's the biggy here) can perform the task for the same amount of money.

If you rent the machine, you are obviously responsible for the cost of the rental in addition to any damages to the machine while on rent. The real risk is hiring someone to run the machine and dig around your foundation. If this person damages utility lines or the structure itself, you are on the hook for the cost.

That's not the case with a professional excavator that not only knows how to get the job done but has insurance to cover their mistakes.

Just my $.02.