• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking for CAT engine ECU independent mechanic. Several jobs, will pay top $$$

arie515

Looking for CAT engine ECU independent mechanic.
We have several CAT machines we need to work on (dozers, graders, excavators).

Any suggestions / referrals welcome.
Leave a message here or via email to info[at]mtzequipment[dot]com or by phone 647-500-2441

arie515

Depends on your travel distance, tools availability et. Please call me 647-500-2441 to discuss details. Thanks, Arie

crane operator

What is top dollar exactly?

Area code is toronto- Vetech's mrs. needs a canadian vacation. Got your passport?

Road trip! Road Trip! ROAD TRIP!!!!!

And make sure you get paid in real dollars, not those loonies. Exchange rate is pretty rough right now.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I'm not sure someone from the US can go into Canada and fix anything without handling plenty of red tape first.

arie515

We have about 30 CAT machines for which the ECU needs attention. Some machines are in USA, some in Canada. So are there any good independent mechanics who can work on those ECUs ?

skyking1

Perhaps there was a very selective solar flare that just took out this company's ECUs.
My very limited experience with them is that work is pretty much a curve.
When the machine or type of machine is new there seems to be a lot of recalls and bug fixes. Then everything sells down and you don't touch it unless you break it for a very long time.

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
The domain mentioned in the first post goes to a place that advertises Belarus tractors.

I wonder how their business model works right now, with the difficulties in that part of the world, and sanctions.

arie515

The domain mentioned in the first post goes to a place that advertises Belarus tractors.
I wonder how their business model works right now, with the difficulties in that part of the world, and sanctions.

Correct. Our company www.mtzequipment.com is a distributor of Belarus made tractors and parts. Without going into politics, tractors and parts keep coming, nothing changed.

Still looking for a mechanic to work on CAT ECUs.

epirbalex

Occupation
peasant
Correct. Our company www.mtzequipment.com is a distributor of Belarus made tractors and parts. Without going into politics, tractors and parts keep coming, nothing changed.

Still looking for a mechanic to work on CAT ECUs.
Why don't you get Caterpillar serviceman to service them, they'll do it for top dollar , they wouldn't have it any other way .

chidog

I was listening to a youtube video the other day, about John Deere turning off some stolen tractors from Ukraine. JD and Cat and for that matter anything with an ECU can likely be shut down via satellite just like GM onstar stuff. Maybe that is the problem?

Here is the link