• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking for a used a roller/advice

One guy construction

Occupation
Owner/Welder, Hobby Land management
Looking for a roller that will be used to compact the roads at our hunting camp. 8-10 percent grade is the normal. Nothing fancy. what brands that would be older that you could pick up at reasonable price would you guys recommend? I have a Cat 259D CTL. Do the roller attachments for them work? I thought they would be hard on the loader arms. I have about 12 miles of roads to mantine and more to make. Thanks

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Dynapac has been around for a while. I'd stay away from Rayco. We have a 1974 asphalt roller and you can't get parts for it. Ingersoll rand is still on the go. We have a couple bomag rollers that have been trouble free. Stay away from any double drum rollers, they're rough, break your back if you run over a dime. Plus they can slide into ditches easier and they're a pain to load on a float.