• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking for a distributor

Calvin Tomicich

I own a 1962 Galion 125 crane. Is powered by an International UB264 gas engine.The old distributor is a Delco-Remy #1112437 and it is failing putting me in a no start condition. If anyone has one that is for sale please let me know. If you have any suggestions on where I might find, one I would appreciate it. Thanks

56wrench

What is wrong with it? If the bushings are worn out, it can be repaired. You may be better off to get yours repaired because any other used ones you find may also have worn bushings/shaft and the breaker mount plate may also be loose

JaredV

I think a 264 truck engine is basically the same thing and might have the same or similar distributor. You can probably get one off a 6 cylinder IH tractor if all else fails. I wanted a tach drive on the SD240 in my little IH dump truck and found a distributer from a 460 or 560 Farmall on ebay. Had to do a little lathe work on the stem and it works great. I think the 560 may have used the 264 or something similar.

56wrench

If the shaft is real loose, it may have to be remedied before being converted to breakerless ignition

Calvin Tomicich

Thanks for the info about the electronic ignition but you are right that the internal parts to include the centrifugal weights have to be repaired first. I found a company In Ellensburg that works on old tractor parts. The old weights and springs are hard to find, even on line. Obsolete parts. Thanks again.