1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

looking for a 12 ton tag trailer

Discussion in 'Trailers' started by shadow2, Apr 23, 2014.

1. shadow2

shadow2 Well-Known Member

has any body use a lube trailer looking at thunder creek or any other brands

i have 25 pieces of equipment to take care of

2. shadow2

shadow2 Well-Known Member

i just punch though the trailer deck today all the boards are rotten at the end and bws us 8 foot boards at the longest. looking at oak or apitong to replace doing the longest length possible. is it worth it to stain the deck and paint the ends to help with rot.

bws though bots with a large washer to hold boards in place can i go to self tapping screws instead

were in ct can i get the whole trailer painted

3. Tags

Tags Senior Member

Trailer decking sucks. I can't seem to get good oak that lasts too long, or maybe I do and just forget how long it's been since I changed it, cause it always seems miserable to do....send me a private message, I know a place that can paint your trailer.....

DMiller likes this.
  4. suladas

suladas Senior Member

I have a bws also, I am thinking there is a reason they don't use self tappers into the cross members, probably to prevent rust? Or maybe just too difficult to drill through? I've just been patching mine together, couldn't be bothered to spend the time or money to fix it as it only hauls my 210 hoe so I don't really care about the deck.

5. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    Apitong does NOT like wet, if can find it look for Cottonwood. Have had all the snide remarks but can state flatly is the longest lived I have ever put on a trailer. That or Cypress.