• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking at a yanmar B50-2b need advice

Dennisk3

I am going to look at a 1995 yanmar B50-2b tomorrow, it has ~5,900 hours on it, it does not have a cab, the guy wants $25,000. I have a good understanding of mechanics, but have never owned a mini excavator before. The guy is not willing to budge on the price, but sometimes cash talks ‍♂️. Is there anything I should be looking for? I can’t find any information about common failures for these.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Dennisk
Attached may be helpfu more aids and advice on the web site go library > Sales or purchase, it is free and safe.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• Visual inspection protocol 1.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 6

Dennisk3

Thanks!! Everything looked good on it, there was a little fluid around the pump, but not terrible, so I now own it

Aarons81

25k seems a little steep for a 6k hour machine. Is it in really good shape? Undercarriage look good?

Dennisk3

Yes, the tracks,rollers, and sprockets were all new about 200 hours ago, there were no leaks anywhere, and it had a hydraulic thumb added last year. I only need it for around the home stuff.

Dennisk3

I have been reading something on Facebook about “grey market” machines, does it
make it harder to get parts? Also is there any sure way to tell?

Last edited: