• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking at a Galion 118

Delmer

yes, oil analysis will report water and fuel percentage. A crude test is to heat up a piece of steel and drip one drop of oil on it, pure oil will smoke, moisture will sizzle, free water will pop and splatter.

Fat Dan

yes, oil analysis will report water and fuel percentage. A crude test is to heat up a piece of steel and drip one drop of oil on it, pure oil will smoke, moisture will sizzle, free water will pop and splatter.

Pop and splatter ... sounds like my brain after reading this mind blowing info and it is so simple. DUH ... looking into doing something with this information... Thanks everyone. I have tons of old collectors, compresses, condensers and refer parts ... I know I can make something.