• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Longest paint job ever

johnny_waz

Occupation
Engineering
Holy yellow! Wow is that nice, and shinny :D . Looks so good its going to be a shame to use it in the dirt. I bet you had fun tapeing up those tires. I did a bunch last summer myself on some equipment trailers. My god it takes forever to do a GOOD job.

Last edited:

Deon

QUOTE=OldandWorn;393505]Nothing is speeled wrong but I think spell check may have changed some of your words around and it made me laugh. I'm still wondering who Hue is? And whats up with 1/6", Canadian thing? :)

Again, wow wow wow on the amount of work and quality. :notworthy[/QUOTE]

Oh my OldandWorn, I don't know who Hue is either and I don't know how to spell that word you say as you wipe your forehead. I just took a guess. LOL.
Now for the 1/6" well it should have read 1/16". You know us Canadians are now metric so we confuse easily. Plus I grew up in a french village.
So if you really want to know, I'm not the best writing and reading in both languages. But if you can laugh a little now and then, with me or at me, I don't mine a bit. LOL.:D

Deon

Holy yellow! Wow is that nice, and shinny :D . Looks so good its going to be a shame to use it in the dirt. I bet you had fun tapeing up those tires. I did a bunch last summer myself on some equipment trailers. My god it takes forever to do a GOOD job.

Actually Johnny, taping the wheels was not bad except that the tape didn't want to stick on the chloride contaminated tires. Once I got that cleaned off I was good. What was difficult was covering the cab and the engine compartment. The way the cab is rubber mounted with just a small space between the frame and the cab floor and all the wires, control rods and all I ended up cutting cardboard pieces and sliding them under the cab and jamming pieces of wood etc. to keep it up so I could paint the top plate of the frame. Anyway, don't send any old backhoes to me for painting. One is enough.

Deon

I'm falling in love all over again. Just have a bunch of old hoses to replace and paint the heads of a view bolts and I'm about ready for our first snow storm.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 464
  • photo_2.jpg
    photo_2.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 478
  • photo_3.jpg
    photo_3.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 492
  • photo_4.jpg
    photo_4.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 482

bowen

Occupation
Electrical Panel Builder
What year model is this machine?

The only problem now that I see is that this is way to pretty now to use.
A call comes wanting some dirt moved, and I would have to first ask, "I hope the area is not muddy, cause if so I can't help you"...:slomo

Deon

Oldandworn,
I don't know. The other day I found some blue grease LOL.
Bowen,
I think I'll only use it in the snow from now on. It's a 1992.

johnny_waz

Occupation
Engineering
You should be proud, you did a FANTASTIC job. Now, here is my question, would you do that for a living? :D

Deon

You should be proud, you did a FANTASTIC job. Now, here is my question, would you do that for a living? :D

Johnny,
I definately would not. I was an autobody technician/painter for 13 years. Last year was 1986. I didn't like the last few years mostly
due to the harsher chemicals of the newer paints. But I have had my fill
of dust and chemicals. Painting a backhoe is even much more difficult than any
car or truck. But it was my own and I did it for the reward and am happy for that.

Last edited: