1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

long gravel driveway leveling

Discussion in 'Compact Equipment Attachments' started by maddog, Dec 16, 2014.

1. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    Good advice, the only way to really fix potholes -

I have done some private drives from time to time and I either use the tracked skid or D5 if it's a long one.

2. JNB

JNB Senior Member

Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
    Every attachment is a compromise, but fabbing "what works" seems to be the key. I do like your solution a lot.

This new twist on a box blade may spark a few ideas. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXBBr86zTYU

3. pafarmer

pafarmer Senior Member

Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
    The last grading attachment you will ever buy.....I have the HD CTL hydro model with the serrated Edge and wheel kit. My own driveway is over 2000 ft and nothing comes close for a working mans dollar.

http://www.roadrunnerblade.com/

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  4. ironjunkie

ironjunkie Well-Known Member

I have a RR blade also. The wheel kit is new since I bought mine. How do you like it?
    Did Bart or Bert (the owner) deliver it to you also. He's a hard working guy!

5. pafarmer

pafarmer Senior Member

Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
    We fab'ed up our wheel kit for it...it's a handy addition to the RR....I bought mine second hand at a local auction. It's was Barely used when I bought it. I made a few modifications last season and it works real well. I used it here on my farm grading the driveway and around the outbuilding and for grading an private MX course.

6. Bubba

Bubba Well-Known Member

Locomotive Engineer, Property Management, Clearing
    I been using a 6 ft box blade. I would prefer a motor grader but didn't never get one. I usually do the grading with a bobcat and then when I get it shaped I blade it with a box and if the customer request I add asphalt milling on top. I try to include some pictures image.jpg