• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Long and low 379

Lurch1024

I am starting a thread with the step by step build of a working 2003 379. Follow the progress with photo's and parts list as we go

Lurch1024

Current specs are 2003 peterbilt 379 exhd. C-15 cat 6nz. 70" ultra cab stand up. 265"wheelbase. 11R22.5 tire on pete low leaf suspension. (The truck is an old wernier truck). Will post a photo as soon as I figure out how. Lol

rockytopcummins

Current specs are 2003 peterbilt 379 exhd. C-15 cat 6nz. 70" ultra cab stand up. 265"wheelbase. 11R22.5 tire on pete low leaf suspension. (The truck is an old wernier truck). Will post a photo as soon as I figure out how. Lol

If you get yourself a photobucket account it makes life a lot easier. You just upload the pics to your account there and once you do that it's as simple as copy and paste a link to the thread.
With it being a Werner truck, I'm guessing it's got a 10 speed?

Lurch1024

Actually no. Factory was a convertible 9 speed that had been converted to a 13 speed. The transmission went out 3 yrs ago and I put a 15 speed in. The bearings started getting noisy so I installed an 18 speed in June of 2015.

rockytopcummins

Sweet!!! Like I said I can't wait to see pics and follow this. Let me know if you need any help with that Photobucket deal if you decide to go that route.

Lurch1024

Just to give you a heads up. The stretch is scheduled for 14/Dec/2015. It will have to be outsourced due to the limited ability of my shop.

Slammed379

Try this. Hope the link works. Not really that big of a computer guy.

I had trouble with this too when I was trying to post pics. What worked for me was saving the pics to my computer and then uploading them directly from my computer onto the forum. Computers can suck sometimes, but when you figure it out it's pretty easy. It just makes viewing easier.

lurch.jpglurch-1.jpg

rockytopcummins

Just to give you a heads up. The stretch is scheduled for 14/Dec/2015. It will have to be outsourced due to the limited ability of my shop.

Truck's looking good as is. She's really gonna be nice one you get it stretched out. How long are you going?