• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Logging jobs, help wanted & guys available post here!

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
I will go ahead and start.
We are looking for a yarder engineer for our Thunderbird TSY-155 swing yarder. $30 to $40 per hour depending on experience as we are looking for a top man. If you cannot produce you will not stay. Please message for more details or call 360-590-2768

stumpfarmer

Occupation
Rigging rat
First time posting in the forum although been spending a whole lot of time the past few months poking around the equipment section. Thought about making a new thread but figured I'd pop in here first. I was born and raised in Campbell River BC in a mill family and I'm 25 now. Might even be some people on here who know my old man from the old pulp mill in Gold River (Larry Ringdahl). Been working at the red cedar mill here in Squamish for the past 3 years but I've been kinda obsessed with logging my whole life and have been cutting firewood with my dad since I was a kid until he passed in 2016 so I'm trying to get into the industry wherever I can. My life dream has always been to drive a Hayes or Pacific chubby truck, but it'll be another year and a half till I get a class 1 or air brake ticket and I definitely need some bush experience first. Everybody says they learn fast and work hard, but I actually do and I'll live up to that claim, haha. I'd love to move back to the island but I'd be down to relocate anywhere in the BC/AB region for steady work. I know they offer a course at VIU for all the certifications and stuff but couldn't get everything together in time for the one coming up this April so gotta wait until mid-August, although the sooner I can get into logging the better. Would love to set chokers or pull rigging and I'll work like a dog all year round, just gimme a shot and I won't let you down. PM me for a number or resume. Thanks!

Tinkerer

Welcome to HEF as a member, stumpfarmer !!
With the attitude you just described you will do well in the logging industry, or anywhere else you choose.
Good Luck !
PM Hallback, I'm sure he can help you.